Saturday 23 May 2009

Luisito Ferraris and Mirta Tiseyra



Thanks to Jantango for drawing my attention to Luisito Ferraris and Mirta Tiseyra. Argentines, they've lived and taught in Italy for nine years. I'd like to know what anyone thinks about their dance. I love it, especially the last 30 seconds, when their torsos follow the swirl of Fresedo's violins, while their feet keep the beat. It looks like the best social tango: it's a display but it could also be in a milonga.

The significance of living and teaching in Italy is that they might well have automatic entitlement to visit and teach in the UK too. I wonder if it's worth trying to get them to visit London from time to time.

PS: He might normally be named Luis Ferrari. & I'm not sure they teach regularly together. Will try to find out.

5 comments:

Janis said...

Luis Ferrari is a true milonguero from Buenos Aires. He started teaching in Susana Miller's school in Club Bailable Juvenil before moving to Milan in 2000.

Mirta (30-something) was born in Rosario and has spent a short time in Buenos Aires before immigrating to Italy for tango.

msHedgehog said...

I think that's nice. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

That was sooooooooooo lovely. I love dancing like that, simply to the music. Thank you.

luisito said...

Hello, I am Luisito Ferraris
Wanted to thank you four nice comments. I spent most of my life and at least the last 50 years in the milongas of Buemos Aires . My mother taught me how to dance tango while I was a kid and ' ir a la milonga' is the true passion of my life . I have benn living in Milan, Italy, for the last 10 years and I am teaching here .
Wanted you to have my telephone number just in case... 0039 02 58314150
muchas gracias y hasta pronto! Luisito

Anonymous said...

Luisito, do you think you will visit London, UK anytime soon? It would sure be nice to get true milonguero teaching as opposed to the stage dancers we keep getting.