Saturday 18 April 2009

Practica

Many thanks to David Bailey and Ghost for organising the practica last night. There are plenty of milongas in London and too few practicas, but practicas are really valuable, places where friends and guests can get together and learn from each other. & the place, The Room, in Walthamstow is ideal. A good space, good floor, good lighting and a huge collection of tango CDs! I hope this was the first of many, and look forward to being back there.

Apologies for leaving fast: it's called Tangocommuting in Action. I get anxious about my last train, and didn't realise how quick the trip into central London is.

3 comments:

David Bailey said...

You're welcome! Hope to see you at the next one...

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of practicas if you know where to look, but there is usually a lesson beforehand. The Dome has them, The Tango Club, Wild Court to name a few. I think Jenny Surelia has a practica map on her Taste of Tango Blog. Hope this helps.

Mari said...

I love practicas and learn so much when I go. It's that perfect balance between the valuable learning experience of class and the wonderful social aspect of the milonga.

And, I understand about making quick exits - I have to catch a bus across town almost half an hour before the practica ends. :(