Friday 26 September 2014

It is happening here now

Well, well, well.

A comment posted yesterday by P&O:

'Since two weeks ago Giraldo and Mina are teaching Tango Technique, Tuesdays 7.30 - 9.30, Acland Burghley School, Burghley Road, London NW5 1UJ. (Opposite The Dome.)

'Covering the basic elements of tango: walking, the embrace, connection with your partner etc. More experienced dancers will find it will help strengthen techniques that they need at a higher level. I recommend this class.'

I didn't know about it until I read this comment, and it is recent. I'm usually wary of 'technique' classes, which rarely seem to have concentrated on basics, but if this functions as described it could be very useful. My only experience of these teachers was about seven years ago: I felt despair at the complexity of what they taught, and the seemingly cold feeling of the class, but times have changed. Perhaps I should add that P&O has visited Buenos Aires for dancing a number of times, and has some experience.

No comments: